As the era of cloud computing is still evolving, the ways we all communicate and collabarate is becoming more simplified and internet is becoming more accessible whether its from a desktop. laptop or mobile device. It's evident that constant upgading of our network is crucial.
We are currently testing Release 5 of the new vCloud Group Cloud Network. This is our biggest build and release to date.This new backend network is scheduled to be running and deployed from the 1st January 2019.All Customers in the release 4 network will be automatically migrated over to this new platform.
The new features that is going to entaiil the following functions:
- New VMWare backend network based on vSphere ESXi 6.5 Hypervisor Platform (May 2018 Build)
- New HTML5 vCenter Server backend for more robust management of core network and hosts
- Server and Desktop Instant Cloning Technology. VM's can be deployed in seconds instead of minutes
- Multi-Platform Access (Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, Chromebook, ThinClients and ZeroClients)
- New subscription licensing model using VMWare, Microsoft, Adobe, MYOB, Storagecraft, Altaro plus more
- Blast Extreme with h.264 rendering technology, now possible to do design work in the cloud
- 2/Multi Factor Authentiication to acess vCloud Group Network (manual override available at request)
- Linux virtual desktop with Microsoft Office 365 (web clients) as a basic desktop platform
- New Support Portal with direct access to VM's for remote mamangement
As we have been testing our multi-site cloud network for the last 18 months, Release 5 cannoot be deployed without being connected to our private WAN and cloud infrastructure. This is required to remove the reliance of VPN (Virtual Private Networking) for printing and access to deviices from both sites. Straight internet access is allow, but will be restricted to the desktop and laptop platform for printing. If connecting from a mobile device, printing cannot be achieved.
Contact us on 1800 825 683 or email@example.com to discuss this network in more detail.